Monday 11 June 2012

Day 34 – Walking in Ashdown Forest


I met Tom’s family today, his Mum Vanessa, Step-dad Jason (who is also Kylie’s boss) and his Dad Hugh.  They all get on with each other and even holiday together, a rare thing and quite unusual.
Went met up at a coffee place called Trading Boundaries at Sheffield Park near Ashdown Forest.  After that we all went for a walk in Ashdown Forest, that is what I was told we were doing. Well it was not a walk as such, it was more a blinking big hike up and down mountains is more like it!  Talking about huffing and puffing  … when we left, Kylie, Tom and I popped into the shops to get a few things for tea, when Tom and I got out of the car, we felt dizzy and needed something to eat and drink rather quickly.  Kylie was wondering who was going to pass out first!  Well after a packet of crisps and a fizzy drink, all was better again … obviously I am not made for mountain climbing, I shall leave that to the goats.  Considering most days of my holidays I have been walking at least 5-6 hours each day I was surprised, but then again it has been stairs and slopes, not mountains.
Home straight into the shower it was for me … the rest for the rest of the evening watching the Queen’s Jubilee Concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name in the message